Sunday, October 8, 2023

DreadTober 2023 Week 1: Dread Storm Rising Part 2

 



Hi folks,

Thanks for your patience! Let's jump straight back in and take a look at some more Week 1 progress from across the internet.


Name: Danforth Laertes
Dread: Rubble-clearing Dreadnought constructed by Richard Maze-Wall of the Winter Lions to help excavate the reputed Tintagel fragment of Caliban (probably it's just an asteroid, lol)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/danforth_laertes/

Danforth has performed some incredible conversions, including a mind-boggling Imperial Knight last year for DreadTober. This year he is working on a Dreadnought doing some construction work and it is already living up to expectations. 






Name: David Hardy
Project: Ultramarines Ballistus Dreadnought, 2nd edition style.
(Or maybe a Doom Eagles 3rd company one, I’ll decided when I prime it)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spacedcrusader/

David is a fellow old school 40K fan, who is responsible for some really beautiful 40k projects that tap into 90's hobby nostalgia. I am beyond excited to see how this one pans out!





Name: Wachtmeister
Dread: Bjorn the Fell handed, also in glorious metal!
Blog: https://www.hmgs.org/blogpost/1767208/The-Wachtmeister-s-Patrol

Another fellow old school hobbyist, the Wachtmeister has been working on a 2nd Edition Space Wolves collection for a while now. With a busy week preparing for an event, he hasn't have much time to work on his Dreadnought yet, but he is also not one to falter in the face of a challenge (...or a curse...). I'm looking forward to seeing this one added to the pack.






Name: D
Project: Nastrond "arts and crafts" dreadnought
Blog: http://imalonewithadream.blogspot.com
Instagram: @langshan_hexachord

I never quite know what to expect when I take a look at D's newest art. Just taking a look at the materials he has been gathering for this project is both surprising and familiar. I have no idea where this project is going, but it will be fun finding out :-)






Name: WestRider
Project: Finish the 40K scale Vulture BattleMech that I tried to do for my entry back in '19.
Blog: cascadiangrimdark.blogspot.com

It's great to have WestRider along for the challenge this year. As a fellow BattleTech fan, I am looking forward to seeing this awesome 'Mech come to life (I may even paint a small one myself in solidarity!).





Name: Marc
Project: Deathwing Redemptor Dreadnought
Blog: http://oldschoolg4m1ng.blogspot.com/
Instagram and Twitter: @m4cr0dutch

Despite being on holidays, I haven't found much time to work on my project this week. Thankfully, the new Ballistus Dreadnought is very simple to construct, so I was at least able to get the main sub-assemblies built. Hopefully during the week I can get some sneaky paint sessions in! I also need to squeeze some Dark Angels flavour in their somewhere...





Thanks for all your hard work everyone and good luck with your Dreadnoughts this week. We'll catch up again in a couple of days!



 

3 comments:

  1. So much creativity this year! Really cool to see so many conversions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lucky to get more time to paint than I thought I would so have made enough progress on pledges I've been able to look at other projects too. Throw in some horrifically pleasant weather for this time of year I was able to prime a Norn Emissary, The Lion and 4 Armiger weapons. How much they get added to #DreadTober will depend but they may at least get an acknowledgement in the end, if I finish my original pledges...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have made progress, I just couldn't get the blog post finished in time. So definitely expect one from me next week. Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete