Sunday, October 1, 2023

DreadTober 2023 has Begun!!

 


Hi folks,

The challenge has officially started and I have already spotted some great progress on various blogs and social media platforms. If you are posting, make sure to use the #DreadTober2023 tag to help other challengers find your hard work. 

Thanks to all of those people who have posted their entries, either as comments or using the contact form. I will be checking for weekly progress photos after each Friday deadline, so make sure you have something up before then if you want to make the weekly digest. It is not too late to join in either, just comment with your project and details.

This year I am working on a Dark Angels Ballistus Dreadnought. It has been a while since I have built a big modern kit, the Redemptor I did 12 months ago was probably my most recent. The Ballistus looks quite simple to put together, so I'll have to see what I can add to it through kitbashing with some Dark Angels bitz. I don't want it to look as detailed as my Redemptor, but a few odds and ends will help it fit in with the rest of my collection. 

Good luck with your projects this week everyone!!


5 comments:

  1. Very much looking forward to what everyone is doing this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DreadTober!! Brother Ballistus Dreadnoughts unite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following a very fine line between convinced my headstart to ensure I finish my pledges was too much and total conviction I've overstretched myself and there's no chance I can finish what I've promised. If I do get it done I think I'll have met my minimum Hobby Season expectations too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just started constructing my Ballistus and hayfever is hitting me *hard*. Trying not to cut my fingers off, scraping off flash through watering eyes :-I

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first of my World Eaters Boxnaughts was primed yesterday, so the conversion progress was quick, now I've just got to figure out how to convert my infantry scheme to a vehicle.

    ReplyDelete