Saturday, September 12, 2026

DreadTober 2026 is About to Start

 


By name and by deeds, they FEAR NOTHING! With October a couple of weeks away, it is time to start planning your Dreadnought themed project for DreadTober. 

DreadTober brings people together from all around the world to share in the hobby we all love. Last year we followed the progress of 16 hobbyists as they awakened the machine spirit of their projects. Who will answer the call in 2026? The invitation is open to all.

This year I have also set up an Instagram account to share our progress, please join and share the dread @dreadtober.


How to Join

Collectors of every faction and game are welcome to participate; the only guideline is that your model should fit on a 60 mm base (or larger!). Something with legs, or equivalent, is more likely to fit the theme. If you would like to be involved, please post your name, project and site/blog address in the comments. If you post primarily on other social media sites, feel free to provide a link so that people can find you and follow your progress, or let us know which Discord server you like to haunt. Additionally, using the hashtag #dreadtober2026 will help people find your work.

Example:

Name: Marc

Project: Blood Angels Castraferrum Dreadnought

Blog: http://oldschoolg4m1ng.blogspot.com/

Instagram: @m4cr0dutch


Progress Deadlines

I will be doing a round-up of progress at the end of each week. The progress deadline is every Friday at midnight, with the aim of posting your work here every Saturday until the end of October, with a final post or two at the start of November to celebrate our successes. Note: this year, the first Friday is only the 2nd day of the month, so a photo to show your starting point would be appropriate.

If you have questions about participating please ask; I aim to be inclusive as possible. Feel free to share the invitation to join with your friends and followers.

Good luck everyone; eternal glory awaits!!

43 comments:

  1. Wachtmeister
    2nd Edition Chaos Dreadnought
    Blog: https://wachtmeisterspatrol.com/
    Insta: Wachtmeisters_patrol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrian Bell
    2nd Edition Imperial box dreadnaught (marines errant)
    I'll update via crown of command discord. https://discord.gg/3xjN9BvZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian, I'll set up a Forum Discussion on The Crown of Command discord. We may get a few more joining up from there as well.

      Delete
  3. Name: Marc

    Project: Rogue Trader Dreadnought

    Blog: http://cowabungajournal.com/

    Instagram: @oldhammer_c0wabunga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Name: Tom
    Project: Epicast Ork Stompa
    Instagram: university_dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Name: DAM
    Project: Legio Custodes Galatus Dreadnought
    Blog: http://262krieg.blogspot.com/
    Instagram: @262_krieg

    DreadTober!! Can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Name: Dawe
    Project: Parkouring Dreadnought
    Instragram: @painted.to.play

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Dawe; I have loved looking at some of your other Dreads on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marc, just to be sure — is it enough to post on Instagram with the @dreadtober tag and #dreadtober2026, or would you rather I send the links each week? Just put up my first post: https://www.instagram.com/p/Dd63glvCsGP/

      Delete
    2. Hi Dawe, it is easiest if you post with the #dreadtober2026 tag. I will also follow your account and stay updated that way. Thanks for clarifying!

      Delete
  8. Name: Julien
    Project: 2nd ed. Boxnaught
    Instagram: @Delayed_painting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Name: Grant C
    Project: 2nd Edition Chaos Dreadnaught of Nurgle
    Instagram: OldMagicMusings (it's all magic the gathering)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2nd Ed. Nurgle Dread; I haven't seen one of those for a while :-)

      Delete
  10. Name: Grot-Cast Dave
    Project: Lamenters Chapter Boxnought
    I'll also update via crown of command discord. https://discord.gg/3xjN9BvZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Name: Ted & Erik

    Projects: Metal Space Wolves Bjorn the Fell-handed & Horus Heresy era Thousand Sons Contemptor Dreadnought

    Blog: http://oddgitshut.blogspot.com/

    Instagram: @oddgits.hut

    I'll also post on the Crown of Command Discord.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Name: jabberjabber

    Project: Saturnine Dreadnought

    Blog: https://warpstoneflux.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back jabberjabber, I love those Saturnine Dreads; looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

      Delete
  13. Example:

    Name: Agis

    Project: First legion Deredeo Dreadnought

    Blog: https://agis40k.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Name: Sachiel.
    Project: Dark Angels Venerable Castra-Ferrum Dreadnaught.
    Blog: https://sachiel-returns.blogspot.com/?m=0

    Managed to purchase one of my "Holy Grail Miniatures" for this year.
    Hopefully I can finish him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Projects: 2 Adeptus Titanicus Warounds [plus weapon options] and 2 Adeptus Titanicus Porphyrion Knights
    Blog: 40kaddict.uk
    Insta: @40kaddict.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, good sir. Those Porphyrion Knights are chonky...

      Delete
  16. Name: Henry
    Project: 2nd edition Legion of the Damned dreadnought
    Insta: Dangle_Tactics

    ReplyDelete
  17. Name: Neverness

    Project: Ultramarines Balistus Dreadnought

    Blog: https://nevernesshobby.blogspot.com

    Bluesky:‪@neverness92.bsky.social‬

    ReplyDelete
  18. Name: Chris
    Project: Imperial Guard Sentinel Squad

    Updates:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/dutcholdhammer
    Crown of Command Discord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Chris; looking forward to seeing some old school Sentinels.

      Delete
  19. While I have been slacking with my blog posts, I will do something for DreadTober! I recently started to paint an Eldar Dreadnought - perfect for this year! I might try and find something more boxy to do as well, but I'll have to dive into my backlog for that.

    Name: XarfaiEngel

    Project: Eldar Dreadnought

    Blog: https://abutterflyshobbytally.blogspot.com/

    Instagram: @XarfaiEngel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Name: Vectis
    Project: Blood Angels Librarian
    Instagram @vectishammer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Vectis. Will that be a Librarian Dreadnought?

      Delete
  21. Name: Siph
    Project: Necron (Imperial) Knight counts-as
    Blog: https://weemen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete