Saturday, October 10, 2026

DreadTober 2026: Week 2

 


Hi folks,

We have now had 11 days to work on our projects. For some people (like me) hobby time has been hard to find; small amounts of progress are counted as a win. Other projects are thundering ahead towards completion. Let's take a look at what everyone has to offer!

Name: Wachtmeister
Project: 2nd Edition Chaos Dreadnought
Blog: https://wachtmeisterspatrol.com/
Instagram: @Wachtmeisters_patrol

The Wachtmeister has made some solid progress on this vintage chaos dreadnought. I love the "pirate ship" base! Wachtmeisterson has also been working on his Dakkarig, a formidable project.





Name: Adrian Bell
Project: 2nd Edition Imperial box dreadnaught (marines errant)
Crown of Command discord: https://discord.gg/3xjN9BvZ

Adrian has been working on his blends, which is challenging when you are working with mainly white.



Name: Dr. The Viking
Project: Rogue Trader Dreadnought
Blog: http://cowabungajournal.com/
Instagram: @oldhammer_c0wabunga

Dr. The Vikings Dreadnought is looking decidedly... fleshy... so far.



Name: Tom
Project: Epicast Ork Stompa
Instagram: @university_dave

Tom has been working on some other projects this week. I will update this post when he gets a chance to share his progress.



Name: DAM
Project: Legio Custodes Galatus Dreadnought
Blog: http://262krieg.blogspot.com/
Instagram: @262_krieg

DAM has made some cracking progress on this Galatus. The gold already looks amazing.



Name: Dawe
Project: Parkouring Dreadnought
Instagram: @painted.to.play

Dawe has been experimenting with colour-shift paints. If you have been following my other blog for a while, you will know that I have a Tyranid paint scheme that uses colour-shift paints, so I can attest to how challenging they are to use and to photograph. The base is looking amazing!



Name: Julien
Project: 2nd ed. Boxnaught
Instagram: @Delayed_painting

Phwoar!! Check out the beautiful blend on that lascannon.



Name: Grant C
Project: 2nd Edition Chaos Dreadnaught of Nurgle
Instagram: OldMagicMusings 



Name: Grot-Cast Dave
Project: Lamenters Chapter Boxnought
Crown of Command discord: https://discord.gg/3xjN9BvZ

Grot-cast Dave has his priorities straight. The most important part of this classic Dreadnought is complete: the banner!



Name: Ted & Erik
Projects: Metal Space Wolves Bjorn the Fell-handed & Horus Heresy era Thousand Sons Contemptor Dreadnought
Blog: http://oddgitshut.blogspot.com/
Instagram: @oddgits.hut
Crown of Command Discord

Bjorn's pack markings are not for the faint-hearted. This is a great free-hand effort from Ted. Erik has also made a little bit of progress.




Name: jabberjabber

Project: Saturnine Dreadnought
Blog: https://warpstoneflux.blogspot.com/

The Saturnine pattern Dreadnoughts are stonkingly huge in stature. The construction can be quite fiddley, as the kit has a large number of parts and options. Great effort!



Name: Agis
Project: First Legion Deredeo Dreadnought
Blog: https://agis40k.blogspot.com/

Agis has come out swinging during the week with full construction of the project and a good start on the paint job. Looking forward to this one.



Name: Sachiel.
Project: Dark Angels Venerable Castra-Ferrum Dreadnaught.
Blog: https://sachiel-returns.blogspot.com/?m=0

Sachiel has reached the ugly duckling phase of project; I'm sure we all know that stage very well. Solid start, keep at it mate and trust the process.



Name: Dave Weston
Projects: 2 Adeptus Titanicus Warhounds [plus weapon options] and 2 Adeptus Titanicus Porphyrion Knights
Blog: 40kaddict.uk
Insta: @40kaddict.uk

Dave has made some great progress with his painting, though has managed to somehow lose the heads of his Warhound Titans 😬 Hopefully, they turn up soon.




Name: Henry
Project: 2nd edition Legion of the Damned dreadnought
Insta: Dangle_Tactics

Much like me, it looks like Henry has been working hard to obtain spare parts for his project. Nice work on these casts!



Name: Neverness
Project: Ultramarines Ballistus Dreadnought
Blog: https://nevernesshobby.blogspot.com
Bluesky:‪@neverness92.bsky.social‬

Neverness has been getting the first layers down on this Ballistus. 



Name: Chris
Project: Imperial Guard Sentinel Squad
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dutcholdhammer
Crown of Command Discord

Chris is making steady project on this squadron of Sentinels, adding some camouflage to help them avoid those pesky Rapier Laser Destroyers.



Name: XarfaiEngel
Project: Eldar Dreadnought
Blog: https://abutterflyshobbytally.blogspot.com/
Instagram: @XarfaiEngel

XarfaiEngel is up to the decal application stage of the Eldar Dreadnought project. It is such a classy model, I am really looking forward to seeing it finished.



Name: Vectis
Project: Blood Angels Librarian Dreadnought
Instagram @vectishammer

Vectis is doing a great job pushing the 2nd Edition aesthetic on this Librarian Dreadnought. The psychic phase is so powerful in this edition, I wonder if there are some home-brew rules on the way...



Name: Siph
Project: Necron (Imperial) Knight counts-as
Blog: https://weemen.blogspot.com/

The Emperor protects... 😮 This things is amazing!! What an inspiring build.



Name: Zamnil
Project: Horus Heresy era Blood Angels Contemptor
Crown of Command Discord




Name: TJM
Project: Rogue Trader Contemptor and Space Marine Boxnaught
Crown of Command Discord

TJM is pushing ahead with this stunning yellow scheme; smashing.




Name: OzMonster
Project: Tau Riptide

OzMonster has started adding details to his Riptide and even made a start on a bonus Broadside. I can see some serious basing work in his near future.




Name: M4cr0Dutch
Project: Blood Angels Castraferrum Dreadnought
Blog: https://oldschoolg4m1ng.blogspot.com/
Instagram: @m4cr0dutch
Bluesky: @m4cr0dutch.bsky.social

As I mentioned before, I have been struggling to find time to work on my project, so have been slowly constructing my Dreadnought the past couple of days. This has mostly involved adding plastic parts to fill in the missing pieces and reconstruct Bjorn's lightning claw; it was missing the claws which I used last year. I also trimmed the snout on the wolf pelt to make it look a little more felid in nature. A leopard print paint job should seal the deal, even if the tail is still a little bit too fluffy. I am still not sure what the other weapon will be. An assault cannon is tempting, but a plasma cannon would help to make this project feel less like a Blood Angels version of Bjorn. 



That's it for this week. As always, if I have accidently missed you or made a mistake, just let me know in the comments and I will fix it up. I feel like next week is make-or-break time for my project; I wish you all the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment