Another week has gone and we are now at the half-way mark! I don't know about you, but that freaks me out just a little bit. My project is nowhere near 50% complete, but that is no cause for despair. A few solid sessions can make a huge difference in challenges like this.
Once again, it has been a joy searching through everyone's blogs and social media profiles hunting for progress. Let's take a look:
Project: Tyranid Tyrannofex (plus weapon options)
Some solid progress on the Tyrannofex, with first highlights on the body, some basing and great detail on the head underway.
Project: Death Guard Leviathan (Redemptor conversion)
Blog: dadhammer40k.blogspot.com and@borsil1981 on Instagram
It looks like this Dave has nailed this project already and is on to the bonus round with some gooey Blight -Haulers. Fantastic work!
Project: 1st Legion (Dark Angels) Leviathan Dreadnought
PROJECT: Black Legion Hellbrute.
Project: Red Corsairs Hellbrute
Floyd has been building up the colour scheme on this Hellbrute.
Project: Space Marine Leviathan
Siph has made some progress on the legs and construction/magnetization of the arms.
Projects: Leviathan Dread and Reaver Titan for Titanicus
Doc has DreadTober in the bag with this amazing Leviathan Dread. The weathering is so subtle and realistic; really inspiring stuff.
Project: Flesh Tearers Redemptor
Project: Contemptor Mortis for Shattered Legions (Salamanders)
Project: Trio of Talos (tres bien!)
These evil creations are just fantastic. Steady progress on the "normalish" figures coupled with some really evocative conversion work.
Project: 2nd Edition Imperial Fists Dreadnought
If this doesn't press you nostalgia button I don't know what will (or you are too young...). Bright yellow, clean and old school as heck. Square base! Oh my heart. In the next stage David will be adding more depth, but this is a brilliant start.
Project: Custodes Achillus Dreadnought
Name: Mike Munson
Project: Chaos Knight and Hellbrute (so far...)
You see that cheeky "so far..." up there. Yeah, well, here's another Hellbrute from Mike.
Project: Imperial Knight Preceptor "Achilles" Aeternum
Me, well, I got a little distracted last week. I bought my son a Deff Dread on Ebay; it was a real rescue job. Bits broken off everywhere, horrible undercoat, glue caked on, dust like you wouldn't believe. Anyway, we have been working on it together as a father/son project and we added the last touches to the base last night. It is a Dread, so it counts I guess!
That's it for the Week 2 round-up! I'm sure you agree that there has been some fantastic progress with a lot more to come. I am monitoring the progress in 7 day chunks, with a few days extra to account for late-comers and collating time (it takes... a while...). The Week 3 round-up should be next Friday (23rd October), preparing us for the final run to the end of the month. Good luck everyone!